- Initial training
- 1 year
This is the second year of a two-years master program. You access this second year after a first year in a master program. The M1 “Economie du Droit” from Aix-Marseille University is advised. But you can also access if you hold a M1 (or equivalent) with major in economics, law or management. The program aims at deepening the economic analysis of law and institutions. The program takes place in Aix en Provence and is entirely in English. In the second semester, it welcomes Erasmus (+) students from the ten participating universities of the program. Students enrolled in the Erasmus Mundus (+) Master course attend 3 different universities in the year. The goal is to train professionals who are open to the world and able to apply economic analysis in various contexts. The ability to communicate in English is another key element of the training. The program opens doors, for the most motivated and abled students, to doctoral studies, but is also designed for those who wish to be directly involved in professional life. There is no specific job targeted ; former students (the program exists since 1977) occupy very diverse positions in companies, higher and secondary education, consulting, expertise work for international institutions and think tanks. Some have started their own business.
The candidate must hold an M1 in Economic analysis of Law, Economics and management, Law or a diploma of equal level. Application form can be downloaded (https://masterble.com/) or, of possible, the student can apply directly via the « e-candidat » application
Non-French students must be sure that they qualify. Information is provided on the website ‘Etudes en France’ : https://pastel.diplomatie.gouv.fr/etudesenfrance/dyn/public/authentification/login.html ?codeLangue=EN
The candidate must have four years od higher education completed (equivalent of a M1 in the French system). Proof must be provided of a strong motivation and ability to study the economic analysis especially as it applies to the study of law and regulation. Proofs must also be provided of English proficiency.
It is highly recommended to come with some knowledge of economics (at the very least introductory). The major can be economics, law or eventually other fields in social science (political science, sociology…)
Proof must be provided of your ability to follow a class in English (TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge, TOEIC, studies abroad in an English speaking program).
- FEG, Site Ferry
LEARNING AND RESEARCH
The program benefits from the support of the Groupe de Recherche en Economie Quantitative de Marseille (Greqam), the Institute for Business Law (Institut du Droit des Affaires) and the Center for Economic Law (Centre de Droit économique)
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS TO BE ACQUIRED
The successful student :
- Masters the concepts, methods and tools of economic analysis
- Understands the logic behind the evolution of institutions and in particular of legal rules
- Is prepared to work in an international environment (the courses are entirely in English, the recruitment of students is international and diversified)
- Understands the complexity of existing institutions and is in a better to position to anticipate the necessary adjustments
- Is able to synthesize a literature on a specific issue so as to identify what calls for further research
- Can design models (eventually using mathematical language) in order to clearly articulate an argument
- Master research techniques (use of digital databases and other more traditional sources of information)
- Communicates the results of his research in a clear and constructive way in both French and English (oral, written)
INTERNSHIPS AND SUPERVISED PROJECTS
An important place is given to the master thesis, supervised by a faculty member. The thesis must demonstrate that the student is able to synthesize a literature and analyse a regulation, an institution, a social dynamics… The choice of the domain is left to the student who can thus deepen his knowledge of a domain he is interested in. Research seminars are organized to help develop these capabilities.
SPECIFIC TEACHING CONDITIONS
Teaching is exclusively in English (exams in English or French, at the student's choice). The courses are designed in an interactive way with two objectives : to transmit the knowledge (tools and methods) essential to analyze social phenomena, but, just as importantly, to allow the students to develop their own ability to analyse a concrete problem, if necessary through group work.
- 120G Sciences économiques et sociales appliquées à l'aménagement et au développement, à l'administration territoriale, au commerce, aux relations sociales et aux ressources humaines, aux finances (fr)
- 128G Droit fiscal ; Droit des affaires ; Droit pénal ; Droit de l'environnement ; Droit de la santé ; Droit de la sécurité et de la défense ; Droit du transport etc (fr)
- 313N Etudes économiques et financières (fr)
SEEKED CAREERSInformation non disponible
LEARNING COURSES LIST