- Initial training - Continuing education - Work-linked training
- 1 year
Created in 1976 in partnership with the Direction Gérale de léAviation Civile (DGAC), the Master 2 Droit et Management du transport aérien aims to train high-level, versatile executives, immediately operational to meet the legal and management needs of companies in the air transport sector both in France and abroad;The aim of the programme is to train high-level, multi-skilled executives who are immediately operational in order to meet the legal and management needs of companies in the aviation sector, both in France and abroad (general management, legal, financial, financial and other departments);(general management, legal, financial, commercial, quality, security and insurance departments of companies in the aviation sector, specialised law firms).
The training is characterised by its very strong interaction with the professional environment and by its truly multidisciplinary character (law, economics and management).
The training is open to initial training, continuing education and alternating training (apprenticeship contracts and professionalization contracts) with the CFA Épure Méditerran&e.
Bac+4 (law, economics, management, commerce, civil aviation)
Good English skills
- FDSP, Aix-en-Provence
LEARNING AND RESEARCH
Perpetuating the tradition of research in law at the Faculty of Law of Aix-en-Provence, the M2 DMTA has strong links with research. This link is reflected in particular by the particular care given to the documentary collection of the Library where students work, by the great importance attached to dissertations and by the participation of students in the colloquiums organised by the Faculty of Law and Political Science's Transport Department.
The M2 DMTA is a research programme that is based on the principle of "research is not just about research".
Research and support entities:
The training is supported by the Pôle Transports (CDMT and IFURTA) of the Faculty of Law and Political Science, which leads and coordinates the maritime, aviation and transport law team of the Centre de Droit Économique (EA n° 4224, AMU).
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS TO BE ACQUIRED
- The graduate masters the different aspects of air transport management (law, management, finance, human resources…) allowing him/her to perform versatile executive functions in the air sector. He/she will have a good knowledge of the international, community and domestic law of air transport. He/she masters the international, community and domestic law of the aviation sector. He is the guarantor of the application of these rules in the drafting of contracts binding the various actors of air transport.
- It masters the law of air safety and security, allowing it to participate in the control of these standards and their application in air transport companies and airports .
- It masters the rules and competences of the main legal actors of air transport (ICAO, IATA, Eurocontrol, EASA, European Commissions and Parliament, DGAC, GTA, BEA)
- It maîtrises the financial flows of air distribution
- It maîtrise lèorganisation and the strategic modégiques of the main economic actors of air transport (Airports, airlines…).
- He is able to lead an innovative démarche that takes into account the complexity of a situation using information that may be incomplete or contradictory
- He is capable of leading a project (design, steering, implementation and management, evaluation and dissemination) which may mobilise multidisciplinary knowledge
INTERNSHIPS AND SUPERVISED PROJECTS
Students in initial training must complete an internship of at least four months in a company. All students must also write an individual dissertation on a subject related to the courses followed and validated by the teaching staff.
- 128G Droit fiscal ; Droit des affaires ; Droit pénal ; Droit de l'environnement ; Droit de la santé ; Droit de la sécurité et de la défense ; Droit du transport etc (fr)
- 311M Transport, manutention, magasinage (fr)
- 315R Ressources humaines, gestion du personnel, organisation du travail (contrôle-prévention) (fr)
SEEKED CAREERSInformation non disponible
LEARNING COURSES LIST
- Marjorie VIAL - email: firstname.lastname@example.org – Tél. : 04 42 17 27 50
- Lia SILVA – email : email@example.com – Tél. : 04 42 17 27 55
Postal address : 3 avenue Robert Schuman – 13628 Aix-en-Provence Cedex 1
As part of my Master's degree in Air Transport Law and Management at IFURTA, I did my end-of-studies internship at Châteauroux airport with the airport's security manager. These few months in an airport were a great opportunity to develop my knowledge of the air transport sector and to better understand its diversity, since Châteauroux airport is the seat of many aeronautical activities different from the classic commercial passenger transport: specialized freight, maintenance, dismantling, aircraft painting, training centre for ae […] Read more
As part of my Master's degree in Air Transport Law and Management at IFURTA, I did my end-of-studies internship at Châteauroux airport with the airport's security manager. These few months in an airport were a great opportunity to develop my knowledge of the air transport sector and to better understand its diversity, since Châteauroux airport is the seat of many aeronautical activities different from the classic commercial passenger transport: specialized freight, maintenance, dismantling, aircraft painting, training centre for aerodrome firemen, pilot training, manufacturer tests, ... This internship also confirmed and even strengthened my will to work in the airport sector. After IFURTA, I looked for a first position on an airport platform, before finally being recruited at the beginning of 2016 by the Union of French Airports (UAF) as a lawyer, a position I still hold today. UAF, which has since become UAF & FA (Union des Aéroports Français et Francophones Associés), is the professional organization of French airports, whatever their size and specialty. Its main mission is to defend and promote the interests of the French airport community with French and European decision-makers. In the context of my duties, I am required to advise and inform UAF members on all legal issues that may affect them: competition law, State aid, insurance, public property, concession law, personal data protection, etc. I am now very pleased to return to IFURTA as a lecturer in the "Airport Management" seminar to present the French airport network and the different management methods of the platforms to the students. I am also in charge of the course "Organisation and European and international air law" within the Professional Licence "Airport Logistics and Air Transport" of the IUT of Evry.