- Initial training - Continuing education - Work-linked training
- 1 year
Created in 1974 by Pierre Bonassies, the Master 2 Droit et Management des Activités Maritimes (formerly DESS Droit maritime et des transports) aims to train high-level maritime professionals, immediately operational to meet the legal and management needs of companies in the maritime sector both in France and abroad (specialised law firms);The firm has a wide range of expertise in the maritime sector, both in France and abroad (specialised law firms, shipowners, freight forwarders, ship brokers, shipping agents, maritime ports, maritime affairs departments, international organisations, marine surveyors, marine insurers, P&I club correspondents, etc.).
The training is characterised by its strong interaction with the professional environment and by its multidisciplinary character (combining law and management).
The training is open to initial training, continuing education and alternating training (apprenticeship contracts and professionalization contracts) with the CFA Épure Méditerran&e.
Bac+4 (law, economics, management, commerce, shipping)
Good English skills
- FDSP, Aix-en-Provence
LEARNING AND RESEARCH
Perpetuating the tradition of research in maritime law at the Faculty of Law of Aix-en-Provence, the M2 DMAM has strong links with research. This link is reflected in particular by the particular care taken with the documentary collection of the Library where the students work (which constitutes one of the most important documentary collections of the University);The students' participation in the colloquiums organised by the Faculty of Law and Political Science's Transport Department.
Research and support entities:
The training is supported by the Pôle Transports (CDMT and IFURTA) of the Faculty of Law and Political Science, which leads and coordinates the maritime, aviation and transport law team of the Centre de Droit Économique (EA n° 4224, AMU).
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS TO BE ACQUIRED
- The graduate is fully conversant with all aspects (domestic, European and international) of maritime law.
- He has mastered the various aspects of the economy and management (strategy, organisation, finance, marketing, human resources) of maritime transport, enabling him to perform versatile executive functions in companies in the sector.
- He is capable of handling claims management files: general average, body insurance, insurance on faculties . He/she is able to manage the rules relating to international sales.
- He is able to deal autonomously with litigation when a dispute arises
- He advises the company linked to the maritime activity on the negotiation and drafting of contracts with the various players in the maritime transport chain .
- He is capable of drawing up the procedures that the various agents in the transport chain will have to follow in order to comply with the legal and contractual requirements of maritime transport law
- He shall ensure compliance with national and international laws and regulations relating to the safety of life at sea, the safety of ships and navigation and the prevention of pollution .
- He/she is able to conduct an innovative process that takes into account the complexity of a situation using information that may be incomplete or contradictory .
He/she is capable of leading a project (design, steering, implementation and management, evaluation and dissemination) which may mobilise multidisciplinary knowledge
INTERNSHIPS AND SUPERVISED PROJECTS
Students in initial training must complete an internship of at least two months in a company. All students must also write an individual dissertation on a subject related to the courses followed and validated by the teaching staff.
SPECIFIC TEACHING CONDITIONS
The course is based on a combination of theory and practice.
- 128G Droit fiscal ; Droit des affaires ; Droit pénal ; Droit de l'environnement ; Droit de la santé ; Droit de la sécurité et de la défense ; Droit du transport etc (fr)
- 311M Transport, manutention, magasinage (fr)
- 313M Finances, banques, assurances (non indiquée ou autre) (fr)
SEEKED CAREERSInformation non disponible
LEARNING COURSES LIST
- Marjorie VIAL - courriel : firstname.lastname@example.org – Tél. : 04 42 17 27 50
Postal address : 3 avenue Robert Schuman – 13628 Aix-en-Provence Cedex 1